2017 Festival Dates: September 27 - October 1
Manuscript consultation. Julie Stevenson, literary agent at Massie & McQuilkin in New York, is donating three 50-page manuscript critiques in order to support the Montana Book Festival and local writers. The top three contributors to the crowdfunding campaign at $200 or more, will be the lucky recipients of Julie's expertise.
She will provide a two-page written critique that mentions areas of strength and areas for improvement, as well as some page notes on the manuscript. She will meet in person with the winner at a local coffee shop for a half hour to discuss the work and answer questions. All critiques and meetings will be completed by the end of December.
I was delighted to have heard readings by authors I had always admired, and excited to discover so many incredible new voices. And better yet, all the authors I spoke with were just as excited to be at the Book Festival as I was.
Press About the Montana Book Festival
- Local organizers revive Montana Festival of the Book
- Destination Missoula
- The Montana Book Festival gets ready for panels, pies and other literary treats
- Montana Book Festival to continue with new events, past favorites
- Montana Book Festival: 150 Authors, Pie & Whiskey, Ira Glass...
- Montana Book Festival: A celebration of the written word in Missoula, MT