2017 Festival Dates: September 27 - October 1
Buttons are required for access to ALL REGULAR FESTIVAL EVENTS.
Buttons are available for $15 at Missoula's independent bookstores: Fact & Fiction and Shakespeare & Co. You can also purchase a button online, but note that you will need to pick the button up at either of these two bookstores and present verification of purchase.
Manuscript consultation. Julie Stevenson, literary agent at Massie & McQuilkin in New York, is donating three 50-page manuscript critiques in order to support the Montana Book Festival and local writers. The top three contributors to the crowdfunding campaign at $200 or more, will be the lucky recipients of Julie's expertise.
She will provide a two-page written critique that mentions areas of strength and areas for improvement, as well as some page notes on the manuscript. She will meet in person with the winner at a local coffee shop for a half hour to discuss the work and answer questions. All critiques and meetings will be completed by the end of December.
I was delighted to have heard readings by authors I had always admired, and excited to discover so many incredible new voices. And better yet, all the authors I spoke with were just as excited to be at the Book Festival as I was.
Press About the Montana Book Festival
- Local organizers revive Montana Festival of the Book
- Destination Missoula
- The Montana Book Festival gets ready for panels, pies and other literary treats
- Montana Book Festival to continue with new events, past favorites
- Montana Book Festival: 150 Authors, Pie & Whiskey, Ira Glass...
- Montana Book Festival: A celebration of the written word in Missoula, MT